Announcements - Tuesday 4 April 2017
1. No Wind Band for this week! Will resume next Thursday, April 13.
2. Please keep selling 50/50 Tickets! All proceeds go back to the cadets and the squadron to help fund all the fun activites the Cadets enjoy doing such as Paintball, Bubble soccer, etc. Only 3 Weeks left to draw!
3. This weekend is our Field Training Exercise at Camp St. George, April 7-9th. All cadets are to be at the Paddon Building for NO LATER THAN 1730hrs (5:30 pm), bus will be leaving at 5:45 sharp! We will return on Sunday April 9th, at 1530-1600 hrs (3:30-4:00pm), and will advise when we leave site.
Memo and Consent/Medical Form is HERE. All Cadets are to turn in Consent Form before getting on the bus Friday . Will have copies available on Friday evening for parents to sign as well if need be.
The purpose of the field training exercise is to teach the cadets necessary and imporant survival skills, should they ever need to use them. It is mandatory training and required in order to recieve promotion at the end of the year.
Please remember it is still Newfoundland and still Winter so please dress appropriately! A kit list is provided in the memo, but few points to note:
- Dress in layers! That way if you get too warm or too cold you can adjust as necessary.
- Bring a pair of footwear for indoors and outside! Ensure outside footwear is warm and waterproof as we will be outside most of the day.
-We will be outside rain or shine so ensure you have clothes to suit.
If for any reason you do not have the apporpritate clothing available please send me a message so we can see what we can do.
Cadets should eat supper before they arrive on Friday evening. Otherwise, all meals for weekend are provided!
Should you have any questions or concern please feel free to contact me directly at (709) 728-3975.
Capt Lois Bragg
Tuesday - 28 March 2017
1. Hope everyone is continuing to sell their 50/50 tickets! Remember, all proceeds go back to support our cadets and squadron!
2. Wing Band, Thursday, March 30.
OIC: Lt. Mollon
Location: Paddon Building
3. Weekend Training - Saturday, April 1
- Band - 12-2pm
- Rifle Drill Team Try-outs - 2-4pm
4. Next Tuesday, April 4, 2017 - Regular Training Night but No Uniform!
5. Spring FTX - April 7-9. Detailed Memo includes all timings and kit list!
6. 68th Annual Ceremonial Review - Sunday, May 28th, at 1330hrs. More details to come.